View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 11:17 AM

Steve, I truly am sorry for the predicament you are finding yourself in. I think the prior person raised a valid point that the two surgery options here and abroad likely have differing levels of expertise for what they are going to do, hence price point differences. Boy, I think if I were in your situation, all things considered, I would make every attempt to go back to Dr. B and let him do the revision. He knows your body intimately from the first surgery and he is so trained in this type of complicated surgery. He might see something else while he is in there and adjust the treatment even then. I do know money can and ultimately always is a huge consideration. Me personally? I'd live in a tent, just to be pain-free. No joke. I will keep you in my prayers in these days and weeks ahead while you make your final decision. My very best wishes to you whatever you do.

Cindylou
bicycle accident 6/01: 2 compression fractures @ T12-L1; vertibroplasty; 4/06: right hip labral tear & arthroscopic repair; 4/07: lumbar prodiscs @ 3 levels, L3-6 by Dr. Bertagnoli; 7/02/08: ALIF L6-S1; 7/30/08: reopened to remove bone cement, leaked onto S1 nerve root; 8/08: pulmonary embolism, double pneumonia, collapsed left lung, pleurisy, pleural effusion; ALIF fusion complete; 3/10/09: SI Joint Fusion by Dr. Stark; Jury still out.