View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 12:11 PM

Michelle, you've received alot of helpful insight from all these folks. Bottom line, wait for the Germany results so you have more "muscle" for your decision making. It sounds like you have had major life stressors on top of the pain issues, and that is not an easy path to navigate. I personally have had a fusion at L6-S1 (I have an extra vertebra) last July. I also have 3 lumbar discs above the fusion. My decision was mostly a no brainer due to my pars defect and facet issues at that level. I have to say I do not notice much restriction physically with it. About the only thing that comes to mind is when I am standing and lifting a leg to put on my panties, sometimes I have trouble on one side, lifting my leg high enough to step through the hole. That's about it. Good luck Michelle. You'll come to the right decision.
bicycle accident 6/01: 2 compression fractures @ T12-L1; vertibroplasty; 4/06: right hip labral tear & arthroscopic repair; 4/07: lumbar prodiscs @ 3 levels, L3-6 by Dr. Bertagnoli; 7/02/08: ALIF L6-S1; 7/30/08: reopened to remove bone cement, leaked onto S1 nerve root; 8/08: pulmonary embolism, double pneumonia, collapsed left lung, pleurisy, pleural effusion; ALIF fusion complete; 3/10/09: SI Joint Fusion by Dr. Stark; Jury still out.