View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 09:34 PM

5/29/09

Well I made it back home. I had surgery about an hour from where I live. I did have a bit of a scare today though. When I was being discharged I got into an argument with my mother who is an extremely abrasive woman and very stressfull to be around. I got upset and shoved my clothes in my suitcase and def. hurt my neck a bit. The anxiety on the way home was through the roof.

I am at my home by myself now and even though it is probably not good to be by myself, it is better than being under more stress than I already am.

As far as the pain, everything is still the same. I was able to eat regular food today, but it still causes my heart to beat fast and hard. Sleeping last night was rough because of the way the pain medicine affects me. It makes me agitated and my muscles twitch a bit. Just like with my brain surgery I will probably have to just suck it up and go without them. I think sleep is much more important in my recovery than pain relief at this point.

I am going to try and take it easy now and hope that I didn't mess anything up when I got upset.
VATS thoracic fusion @ T3-4 and T6-7 on 9/11/09
Fusion w/cage @ C7-T1 on 11/12/09