Thread: Kaiser?
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 11:24 PM

Default Kaiser

I have Kaiser no. CA also. I have an appt. to see the surgeon in a week. I knew they were kinda inexperienced but this is crazy!!! I have two other appts. with non Kaiser docs and think that is the way I will go. How I'll scrape up the money I have no idea how but I've got to do this.

Also fyi...do you have a copy of your contract? This may be helpful for you in regards to the future and knowing exactly how they will cover you after surgery if you do go out. At first when I asked them people said they would not cover me, then I got a different answer. My question now is...when after outside surgery are they willing to start coverage? I.E. what happens if I have an emergency from surgery while I'm out of state and have five extra days in the hospital as a result. Who covers this.

Dancing accident in 96. tried PT, acupuncture, pilates, pain mgmt. nothing worked. Epidurals, facet blocks, caudal blocks, discogram. Opiates for ten years, oral prednisone, toradol inj. & more.

Two level spinal fusion with BMS, cages, hardware. due to bone density problems from chemotherapy, they had to go in front and back. Surgery Nov. 6, 2010. So far no regrets.