View Single Post
Old 01-23-2007, 08:17 PM

When I was taking Neurontin, I was titrated up to 1200mg a day. I initially took 300mg morning, 300mg night then I increased to 300mg morning, 8 hours later and night. After another couple of weeks I was up to the 1200mg a day, which I took evenly spaced over a 24 hour period.

After a week or so on this, I found it a bit of a hassle and decided to take 600mg morning and 600mg night (12 hours apart) and the difference in pain relief was amazing. I would have thought that the evenly spaced doses would have worked better, but certainly for me, the two higher doses were a lot better.

Any thoughts as to why Mark?

Hucky

PS. I'm currently off any medication at the moment other than over the counter ibuprofen with codeine as needed. Being summer here, the pain is a lot better. I'm hoping to stay off the Neurontin during winter too. Although the pain relief was terrific, the brain fog wasn't.
C6/7, MRI shows large right paracentral disc protrusion with extension centrally. Mild compression of cervical cord and obscuring the neural foramen and exiting nerve root. No uncinate process hypertrophy no facet joint degeneration. no left neural foramina narrowing.
1200mg of Neurontin.

In the last 3 years have seen 1 gen surg, 2 neurosurg and 1 ortho surg. All rec fusion, only 1 recommends ADR or fusion.

Have been off Neurontin since Nov 2006