View Single Post
Old 05-30-2009, 08:06 AM

Default Hi Steve

Thats just down right rude of Dr Peloza to treat you like that. If he obviously didnt want 2 help you from the start he should have told you that before even seeing you. To take $230 for nothing is so wrong. Ive had several secretary's call me back after making an appointment and cancel it and tell me that they dont deal with other surgeons problems. They seem to find it even harder when you didnt choose them to start with. Its just an ego thing for most.
Just one question for you. What was Dr Peloza original plan for you when you saw him before? Did he recommend Dr Bertagnoli for you?
I was told by several surgeons before surgery before I had my own that I would not get threated in Australia if I went to Germany and would have to go back there.
Im so sorry that you were treated like that, Noone deserves that, especially someone with enough on there plates as it is.
You are lucky that you have Dr Bitan who is fully there for you and will make it alot easier in the future if you need follow ups.
With your concerns with the hardware used, I think you will find that he wouldnt use hardware from 20ys ago but discuss it with him and also ask him if there are any other options available, even if it increases the costs alittle that may be better for you.
Id also search the internet and look at the companies that manufacter fusion cages and see whats available, probable search "spinal implant manufacturers". You may be able to find on Dr Bitans website which companies he uses hardware from which may help.
I used to have a list of all the companies that manufactered implants, ill see if I can find it as that may help in your search of whats available and post it for you.
Best of luck and dont let someone elses ego get you down
Mark
July 2009 ADR successfully removed laterally by Dr Luiz Pimenta in Brasil with XLIF and perc. PLIF

NO LONGER POSTING HERE