View Single Post
Old 05-30-2009, 02:19 PM

Gosh Steve,

I guess the only good that possibly came out of that visit was helping clear the air and solidifying your decision. What state is Peloza in? I will never recommend him ever to anyone. Unbelievable. I wish you could have asked him, "so, Dr. Peloza, is this your standard code of ethics for how you treat patients? Because right now, I'm feeling like dog shit after this meeting with you. But thanks, or rather no thanks for your time." And then get up and walk out on him. I know. We always think of a good comeback later, but I can fantasize right?
Sounds like you are heading in the right direction Steve and closing in on your decision, and that is the good news.
Like Justin said, keep your head up. You will get through this.

God bless,

Cindy
bicycle accident 6/01: 2 compression fractures @ T12-L1; vertibroplasty; 4/06: right hip labral tear & arthroscopic repair; 4/07: lumbar prodiscs @ 3 levels, L3-6 by Dr. Bertagnoli; 7/02/08: ALIF L6-S1; 7/30/08: reopened to remove bone cement, leaked onto S1 nerve root; 8/08: pulmonary embolism, double pneumonia, collapsed left lung, pleurisy, pleural effusion; ALIF fusion complete; 3/10/09: SI Joint Fusion by Dr. Stark; Jury still out.