View Single Post
Old 05-30-2009, 07:22 PM

5/30/09

Thanks for the input everyone.

As for the mother situation, she is back home in Alabama. I know she means well but I need to focus on getting better with the least amount of stress.

For the heart rate thing, I've been through 4 separate cardiologists including one at the mayo clinic. Two stress test, one nuclear, three echo's, one stress echo, tilt table, etc. Multiple holter's. My heart is structurally sound.

Unfortunately since that is the case, they are not going to look further into it and will just re-run the same tests over. For almost two years, I have lived with pain that anyone will tell you "go to the emergency room, it sounds like a heart attack". That in of itself has caused terrible anxiety because if I do ever have a heart attack I won't know the difference.

I still have hope for this surgery. With what pain has been lifted, I am now able to determine that the rest of the pain is in fact from nerves. I have a few other herniations that of course are too small to be causing problems per all of the doctors, so I will have to look into them. It is still early though. I know I have to give it time.

I was up and around today. I drove to the store and rented some DVD's and brought my grandmother lunch. I am feeling a bit run down now, so I will be taking it easy for the rest of the day.

I haven't taken any pain medicine since yesterday and probably won't anymore. I did have some left over baclofen (muscle relaxer) from the brain surgery that I took last night because the pain medicine was making me agitated. I do wish I weren't so sensative to the pain medicines.
VATS thoracic fusion @ T3-4 and T6-7 on 9/11/09
Fusion w/cage @ C7-T1 on 11/12/09