View Single Post
Old 05-30-2009, 11:03 PM

Default re pm

Hi kc
I've been out most of the day tho did go to the transit website which I'm sure you did for SD and La Jolla. I know for a fact the buses will accomodate tho from your original destination you may have a number of transfers to get where you're going and there may be other person's with w/c's like your w/c.

I have been on the bus in SD a number of times when it stopped for someone in a power w/c and they had to let the ramp down and then the driver actually helps to strap the w/c into place in the special designated area for a w/c. The drivers are quite helpful.

I was going to call "yellow cab" for SD area as I use them all the time and I believe that they utilize a van to pick you up if you have a w/c but I have to check.

At the moment I'm back in Long Beach tho still finding out SD info is easy enough for me as I get on the Greyhound or Amtrak to go there often enough as my PM is at Scripps Mercy Hospital Medical Center.

Runner~ I wish I could be more helpful to those that come to this area.. I don't drive on the freeway and I have enough stuff of my own that limits me tho I do like to be as helpful if I'm able. You know it's that nursing thing!!!

kc back to you will further check things out and email you