View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 12:56 PM

Default I made it to the other side!!!

Hi everyone! I made it to Paris but not completely unscathed. My feet an ankles were so swollen by the time I got here that I couln't move them and could barely walk! Even though Marty had set up wheelchair service for me, it was not what we were led to believe.

Anyway, the surgery on Tuesday went fine...Wednesday was a blurr. I got sick a couple of times from the morphine, so once they took me off of that, I got better. Thursday, the stupid birds woke me up at 5:00 am, and I decided that enough was enough...I got up out of that bed, put on my brace and took off. By Friday, I was using the stairs insted of the elevator, and had made arrangements to leave the hospital 2 days early (I was supposed to stay until Tuesday, June 2, but left Sunday, May 31).

Aside from the plane ride from Munich to Paris (that little trip wore me out) and Tim V nearly killing us on the Autoban I'm doing great!!!! I had to come to the hotel and put my feet up for a couple of hours, but the swelling is down quite a bit, and Marty is happlily fussing over me and taking EXCELLENT care of me!!!!

Here's to all of you from Paris...CHEERS!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jesparis.jpg (37.7 KB, 13 views)

MRI 4/2008 shows bulging disc with annular tear @ 4/L5 and and complete herniation at L5/S1.

9/11/08 Laminectomy , successful to a point...relieved nerve pain, but after 4 months was still having severe disc pain.

Treatments tried: epidural shots, oral pain killers, NSAID's, TENS massage, chiropractic care, deep tissue massage. Oh, and plenty of our homemade wine!

May 26 2009, 2 level ADR, L4-S1, Dr. Bertagnoli, Straubing, Germany