View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 11:30 PM

Jcherbert,

If you are in that much pain, you need to call your doctor and tell him what is going on. Hey, if you need stronger pain medicine, then you do.
Don't suffer in pain because it is hard for your body to relax (not just you) and get about the business of healing when it is in spasms, etc...
I wouldn't read anything into the MRI results or how you feel now. You just had surgery and it takes time.
Since i am a lumbar chick, I don't know as much about necks, but it takes a long time to recover from surgery. I don't care how old you are, how much in shape you were, etc...
My heart rate was tachycardic after my operation and staying up above 90-100 beats per minute for some time. It is maybe in 70-80's now and that is after more than 12 months post-op. This is a recent development. When i first hurt my back in 2007, i had a resting heart rate in the 50's.

You cannot tell how things are going to go until you have had sufficient time to heal. Hopefully your symptoms you have now will get better, but it is too soon to tell.
Your doctor will look at your MRI results and see if there is anything significant.
i think the most important thing is to get your pain under control. You are right, people can not function in severe pain.

Besides the pain, if you have any other unusual symptoms, please call your doctor with that information.

Runner