View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 01:52 AM

Hey runner, I understand what you are saying about the pain medication, but if IV fentanyl does nothing for the pain then I don't think there is any other medication that will help.

I don't think you guys really understand. As far as I'm concerned I have gotten all of the pain relief I am going to get from this surgery. It was the same way with the brain surgery. I knew instantly from both surgeries what pain was really gone and what was going to remain. If I am going to get more relief it will not be from the intense pain that I keep explaining.

The soonest my doctor will see me is the 19th. My plan of action will be to call him and make sure it is OK and then getting a CT myelogram of the thoracic and cervical spine while I wait. I have always avoided a myelogram because of the complications that could arise with my Chiari. That is no longer an issue so hopefully this test will help us get a better picture than the MRI's. I will then try and hold out the best can until the appointment and hopefully we can come up with a solution.
VATS thoracic fusion @ T3-4 and T6-7 on 9/11/09
Fusion w/cage @ C7-T1 on 11/12/09