View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 09:27 AM

Default 1 week post-op

I'm in Paris and after a couple of days rest from the trip over, I'm feeling great! I just went for a 1 hour walk, slowly of course, and just started feeling a little discomfort at the end. I had a hard time getting the swelling in my ankles and feet under control, even with elevating them and wearing the compression hose that the hospital gave me, so for a few hours last night, we used the hose like ace bandages and tightly wrapped each foot and put socks over them...it worked like a charm. I didn't sleep with them bound, but when I woke this morning, I had ankles and toes again, not fat little sausages at the end of my legs!

I've dropped my daily anxiety medication back down to my regular doseage and I haven't had to take any meds for accute anxiety since before the surgery, and so far, so good. I'm still taking 20 mg of Opana every 12 hours, and 2 lortabs (10 mg each) at 6 hours in between, and it's keeping my pain at bay. Today, I thought I'd try stopping the Opana and just taking the Lortab every 6 hours.

More later...Hubby just came in and we're going on another walk

MRI 4/2008 shows bulging disc with annular tear @ 4/L5 and and complete herniation at L5/S1.

9/11/08 Laminectomy , successful to a point...relieved nerve pain, but after 4 months was still having severe disc pain.

Treatments tried: epidural shots, oral pain killers, NSAID's, TENS massage, chiropractic care, deep tissue massage. Oh, and plenty of our homemade wine!

May 26 2009, 2 level ADR, L4-S1, Dr. Bertagnoli, Straubing, Germany