View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 05:38 PM

Thank you everyone, I know you mean well and I appreciate the support.

I was once referred to what I thought was a pain management doctor by my neurologist. He did some trigger point injections then and that was it. I called back today to see if he could help me and turns out he is a sports medicine doctor and not a pain management doctor.

I asked his nurse who he would recomend and she gave me 4 names. I called all four and even with a referral none could see me sooner than August. I called my surgeon's office back and after 5 minutes of her telling me to be patient I asked to be referred to a PM. She said she would ask the doctor after he got out of surgery later today.

He sent me home with 10mg lortabs and I have taken 4 so far today since 9:00am (it's 12:30 now) with not even a 1 point reduction of pain. I have a few left over fentanyl patches from my brain surgery, but those didn't work then either. Besides, after all of the hydrocodone, I can't use one today anyway.
VATS thoracic fusion @ T3-4 and T6-7 on 9/11/09
Fusion w/cage @ C7-T1 on 11/12/09