View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 07:46 AM

Well, yesterday, after Marty came back to the hotel, we went and walked around for about 2 hours, and then I came in and took a nap. When I woke up, my muscles were achey, but my back was fine. We went out to do some laundry (it would have cost over 200 euros to have the hotel laundry service it!!! ) and then we went to dinner. By the time we reached the restaurant, by lower back was bothering me a little (but not the pre-op kind of pain), and I took 2 Lortabs and knokced the pain back down to the level that I like...just enough mild pain to remind me to be careful. We came back to the hotel for the night and watched a movie.

Today, I'm feeling like I over did it a little yesterday, so I'm going to force myself to stay in the room today and rest, because we want to go to the Eifel tower tonight. No Opana yesterday or today, and other than muscle aces, I'm feeling fine.

Hubby and I are "enjoying" each other carefully and no pain there. I was really woried about that, but all is great!

I couldn't be happier having had this surgery, and while I know that I could still have some ups and downs in the weeks & months to come, as of right now, I feel hope for the first time that I just might get that pain-free life I was seeking. I can't help but wonder if the reason I'm doing so well is because I was able to have the surgery before my spine degenerated to a point where I was having a myriad of other problems in addition to the DDD.

Or maybe it's just a God deal... He's always taken such good care of me, and I've always felt that it wasn't so much for MY benefit, but because one of my children is destined for something great, and I'm just along for the ride...He's taking care of me so that I can take care of them. Whatever the reason, I feel truely blessed nonetheless.

I'll keep you posted.

Mark, how do you get pictures into the post like that? I tried once, but all it did was put a link to the picture...And I'd LOVE the other pictures you have whenever you get the chance! Thank you...

Wishing all the best for all of us here!
Jess

MRI 4/2008 shows bulging disc with annular tear @ 4/L5 and and complete herniation at L5/S1.

9/11/08 Laminectomy , successful to a point...relieved nerve pain, but after 4 months was still having severe disc pain.

Treatments tried: epidural shots, oral pain killers, NSAID's, TENS massage, chiropractic care, deep tissue massage. Oh, and plenty of our homemade wine!

May 26 2009, 2 level ADR, L4-S1, Dr. Bertagnoli, Straubing, Germany