View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 06:49 PM

Default i had it and still do at times

within 24 hours of my prodisc surgery i had an issue with swelling, was rushed into a CT Scan to make sure the new prodiscs were not impinging on my nerve canal, they weren't...but to this day when i am on my feet a long time, or it's hot, or it's just time for them to swell, it happens, no reason as far as i can tell, and i have had every test in the book for this issue. On occasion i wear compression stockings, you can get them at any good medical device store, they are spendy at about $40.00/pr, and are offered in a few different compression percentages, well worth the investment, but have a doctor tell you what compression you need, these are great stockings that are either knee high or up to the hip. keeps everything under control...hope this helps you.
After a botched spinal tap where my L4/L5 disc exploded i underwent a laminectomy in 1979, and ran from spinal surgery ever since, then in 2002 i met DrDelamarter in Santa Monica- and my life as i knew it changed dramatically, I consider myself the "ProdiscPosterBoy" I am in the US Trials and one of the first in California to recieve 2 Lumbar Prodiscs, nomorepain-nomoremeds