View Single Post
Old 06-07-2009, 06:38 PM

Default The waiting game...

Hi all, if this is in the wrong place...I'm sorry maybe it needs to be moved.

Next week I have the first of my ortho surgery appts. Then in the next few weeks more. I am consumed with what will happen. It's so huge in my life. I guess I'm wondering how others are dealing with this and coping. I haven't even been to the appointments and I'm obsessing!

I never thought the day would come where I was actually looking forward to surgery. The more I know the better I feel, I found out tons of important information regarding insurance and "emergency" issues such as what happens if something goes wrong and I have to stay at the hospital...i.e. who pays. Putting all my ducks in one row so to speak.

And then I think of all of you right before you go to Germany...and the anticipation. So, I guess I'm wondering how you all deal with these issues. I so wish to extend my support for all of you making the decision and the "waiting period".

Dancing accident in 96. tried PT, acupuncture, pilates, pain mgmt. nothing worked. Epidurals, facet blocks, caudal blocks, discogram. Opiates for ten years, oral prednisone, toradol inj. & more.

Two level spinal fusion with BMS, cages, hardware. due to bone density problems from chemotherapy, they had to go in front and back. Surgery Nov. 6, 2010. So far no regrets.