Thread: Sooo confused
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 09:24 PM

Default Sooo confused

So i ran across this website and i thought i would join. There are lots of good things on here but i am still so very confused as to what is the right course of action. In 2002 i had a laminectomy as L5/S1 and now L5/L4 is herniated along with some sort of issue of scar tissue from before irritating the nerve. I have been trying to deal with the new pain for about 3 years now. I was on an airplane just last night and i thought i was going to die from the pain, it hurt so bad. I have seen my doctor again and we are getting updated MRI's and x-rays. I am torn as to what the right course of action would be. They tell me they might be able to do another Laminectomy, but that it might just collapse and i will need a fusion anyway. So do i have the fusion? I like the idea of the artificial disk but my doctor (who wouldn't do it anyway, because of the two levels) is against it. Also since i am 32 i keep getting advice of not to do anything. Ugh the pain sucks, and i am tired of being crazy on pain pills. I need help! Any advice?

Thanks, Paul