Thread: Kaiser?
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 10:04 AM

Default Kaiser

Well I am surprised to say I met with Dr. Baines and had a really good experience with him. He did feel adr was a no go for me which I kind of knew might be coming. He hasn't done so many ADR's but has done over 300 fusions so I feel better with that. I was expecting them to give me a hard time as I've gone through a lot with them but he was thorough, very supportive and felt there was about a 75 percent chance of helping me and that was without what the artile I had from Derby. So, I'll let you know what happens. I believe he replaced Dr. Gorek who was head surgeon at Kasier Oakland and I believe Dr. Baines has now replacemtent. I will do my research but so far I was really surprised. Maybe the squeaky wheel finally got the grease?

Dancing accident in 96. tried PT, acupuncture, pilates, pain mgmt. nothing worked. Epidurals, facet blocks, caudal blocks, discogram. Opiates for ten years, oral prednisone, toradol inj. & more.

Two level spinal fusion with BMS, cages, hardware. due to bone density problems from chemotherapy, they had to go in front and back. Surgery Nov. 6, 2010. So far no regrets.