View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 03:22 PM

It's an evil fact for most of us...the green monster, and I'm not talking jealousy, but $$$, rules our lives one way or another. I have to go through this insurance *ell too, because the only other way would be to sell our home, and I won't ask my husband to do that. He (we) have worked too hard to give it all up. We pay for the insurance...we shouldn't have to give up everything.

I wish I could say or do something that would help, some suggestion to help you get through this maze. All I can do is agree...it IS a total drag.

It's comforting that you at least felt comfortable with this last guy...better than the alternative. If the doctors in NY agree that your bone density is not good enough, will you stay with this guy for fusion? You are going through all the right moves, eliminating the good and the bad...and doing a good job of narrowing the options. It will be crappy if your only opinion isn't what you want (all fusions), but at least you'll know you did all your homework properly.

Nothing like finding out after the fact that you shoulda, coulda.....

Hang in there. I'm glad you are keeping us updated....I'm thinking of you daily.
All conventional therapy exhausted, including spinal injections, PT, massage, etc.
In appeal with Gov't Insurance for Out-of-country coverage for ADR hybrid surgery of above discs.
Recently discovered that I am severely allergic to all common metals used in surgical hardware except for Titanium.