View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 03:53 PM

Wow, Jess, you are a very tough broad Many kudos for handling it so well by yourself. I know I could if I had to, but much prefer having my wonderful husband close by. He is my rock.

Having said that, I have gone through an awful lot on my own, and know that most people ARE strong enough. That is, most can get through with the help of those around us....the nurses, doctors, even strangers step up to the plate when needed, I find.

No one is completely alone in this world, as lonely as it seems sometimes. I have spent a lot of time crumpled up in a soggy mess, thinking I was alone and not able to cope. I was always wrong. Sometimes needed some meds from my doctor to cope...but there's no shame in that.

Thanks to all of you for explaining the shots that you give to yourself. It makes total sense, just never experienced it before in that circumstance (the heparin shots for thinning the blood). If you can get a small enough gauge of needle, it will hurt even less Sometimes it is what you are injecting, not the needle itself, that stings the most though. Would pinching the skin where you are injecting help? I give a lot of needles to my horses, and inject behind where I lift the skin, and they don't seem to object so much. I don't know if that description makes much sense though

I've rambled on enough for now...good luck with everything.
All conventional therapy exhausted, including spinal injections, PT, massage, etc.
In appeal with Gov't Insurance for Out-of-country coverage for ADR hybrid surgery of above discs.
Recently discovered that I am severely allergic to all common metals used in surgical hardware except for Titanium.