View Single Post
Old 06-13-2009, 12:12 AM

2.5 weeks post-op, and I am doing amazingly well. My boyfriend measured me last night and I am now an inch taller than I was pre-op (though only 1/2 an inch taller than my "normal adult" height), at 5' 4".

My sister is here this week, though she will be leaving Sunday. We have been cooking up a storm, mostly her, in preparation for me being on my own more after she leaves. My boyfriend will be around, but he's not much on cooking, and doesn't always have much time for it. I will have lots of great, healthy food in the freezer for the coming weeks.

I don't have much pain, only what I think is distraction pain (an aching from my hips down to my feet), certainly not the pre-op pain.

Constipation is not much of a problem, though is still there a little (much like pre-op), as I have been able to keep my pain med to the same level as pre-op. I go to see my PM doc on the 22nd, and I will see about starting to lower my meds then (if I haven't already started - I have started reducing the amount of gabapentin I am taking) and get x-rays.

46 years old. 12-15 years of intermittent pain, 2 years with constant pain.

DDD, L4-5 and L5-S1, pain confirmed by discogram.
PT, ESI's, Facet injection and block, Acupuncture - all no help.

2-level (Prodisc-L) ADR surgery with Dr. Bertagnoli, May 26, 2009.

Currently taking Opana-ER (tapering off) and oxycodone