View Single Post
Old 06-13-2009, 03:07 AM

Default chemically sensitive disc

Aaron, unfortunately I believe the discogram is the same. There is no fool proof test for a "chemically sensitive disc" or high intensity zone...there are several names for it. It really has to do with a set of symptoms that result from the annular tear. Usually there is a lot of nerve pain and the pain is pretty acute. Exercise usually doesn't help at all. Actually not much helps it but I have results from one or two articles from Dr. Derby who knows a lot about this problem. I can forward this to you if you want.

I finally got to see surgeon number one yesterday who believe adr is out of the question for me due to the fact I have facet arthritus AND because of my bone density test. He is going to do a fusion anteriorally (sp)? and put screws in from the back. If you want to talk more about the chemically sensitve disc, don't hesitate to contact me via pm. Best.

Dancing accident in 96. tried PT, acupuncture, pilates, pain mgmt. nothing worked. Epidurals, facet blocks, caudal blocks, discogram. Opiates for ten years, oral prednisone, toradol inj. & more.

Two level spinal fusion with BMS, cages, hardware. due to bone density problems from chemotherapy, they had to go in front and back. Surgery Nov. 6, 2010. So far no regrets.