View Single Post
Old 06-13-2009, 03:51 AM

I had arthritis & moderate wear of my facets - I had the lidocaine injection to my facets only before I left for Germany & the good news was it was not my pain - I still have some arthritis there when it rains but nothing like the disc issue for pain i had & i have to be careful in not bending too much but i had that issue always so not a biggie. I too had the chemical issue you speak of - I thought according to my doc's this is quite common but ... point being i had no choice in having a ADR I was also a progressive spondylo & for me 5 yr's later ow post -op with my ADR -it was the best thing I could have ever done - by Dr B. in Germany. I am not as good as I was before my MVA but realistically I am FAR better than i ever was in the 10 yr's of suffering with this damaged disc. Now I am waiting to hear from my insurance for my Cervical - also leftover from that same car accident it has finally progressed to that point - I had hoped it would be staved off - it too was not great after that accident but was manageable compared to my lumbar now it has progressed over time & 2 to 3 levels in my neck & TOS as a 2ndary issue in the arms.
Quite a few people have some wear to their facets in having to live with a problem - get the injection & then gauge with your doc how bad it is & then take it from there. Best wishes - Jill