View Single Post
Old 02-01-2007, 02:01 PM

Default Congrats!!!

Hi Prodiscette,
Thanks for the update~ so glad to hear how well you're doing! I agree with all that you said re Mark as I feel I'd never have gotten surgery authorized without his accompanying me to my WC 2nd surgical opinion visit.

Currently I'm doing well. I've not had a significant flare up since the day that I went to see Dr.Delamarter and Dr.Regan in Los Angeles and found myself sitting far too long...

However, the odd thing was that normally a flare up like that would have lasted days/weeks.. and it was gone the next day. I think endorphin release had much to do with this...

I have been walking quite a bit which I also think helped and just doing things that I would have not done before ..didn't let myself.. of course, heavy lifting is off my list permanently as well I'm sure!

I will be scheduling surgery but not until April. I want to give myself some more time to see how I do, have bunion surgery, and see how this effects my spine (gait being off for a while).

The one thing I don't feel confident doing is making plans that are of any significance, such as traveling w/o making heavy preparation for seating such as buying 3 seats for long travel on a plane..

I guess I will try a trip soon and see how I do, just to San Francisco tho~ one seat on a one hour flight~ it will be a test if I'm not getting an ESI anytime soon!

Back to you~ wonderful to hear you've had such success~ we are close in age and it's nice to know you have *gotten your groove on again* so to speak!!

Take good care and please keep us posted! Maria