View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 08:16 AM

Angry Careful who you choose for invasive procedures!!!

Hi,
I just wanted to update and also VENT!.
I went to have a facet medial branch block on Friday. I didnt go off my oxycontin untill the morning (I probably shouldnt have had any the night before but decide to so I could sleep). So consequently i wasnt at the 5/10 pain or over (I was about a 3)which I needed to be for the block.
So at the last minute the doctor decided to give me a facet injection instead. And apart for the first few hours while the anaesthetic was still working it has been far more painfull than before and I am now having pain radiating into my hips that I never had before!
I am so angry for allowing him to change the procedure at the last minute. I would much rather have paid for the medial branch block that wouldnt have shown anything than something that has caused more pain.
I have had this procedure once before and they were in and out really quick, very professional, but this guy was digging around with the needle for ages and his bedside manner sucked. I have a good pain threshhold but I was screaming out and now feel worse and am on more pain medication than before. I hope this isnt permanent damage.

Thanks, I needed to get that off my chest.

Michelle.

Oh, and I definately know where my face joints are now!