Thread: L5S1 Prodisc-L
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 01:14 PM

Default 3 Week Update

3 Week Update

Well yesterday was 3 weeks since the surgery and I still have good days and bad days. On Monday I went for the follow-up with the Neurosurgeon and had x-rays taken. He told me everything was perfectly placed and wanted me to keep taking motrin for another 2/3 weeks as an anti-inflammatory. He said that they have seen artificial discs "lock up" before and the general thought was that the anti-inflammatory would alleviate this possibility. I asked about the discomfort that I have that I believe to be mostly muscular and he told me that it is an adjustment for the body to make and it takes time for everything to settle down. I went to work after the appointment and worked for a while. When I woke up on Tuesday I was very sore and had enough pain to take a painkiller, which annoys the hell out of me because I want to END IT with the pain pills. On the other hand, being in pain doesn't help anyone so... After about 1:00 in the afternoon I rested for a while. I also got a good night sleep and felt much better today. Discomfort, but no need for meds. Still feel like I am progressing well. Doc also told me that the anesthesia stays in your system for a while and contributes to the problem of getting tired easily. If anyone has any specific questions, just let me know.
DDD, 2 discograms (positive),
Countless attempts at conservative therapy.
Surgery date 5-26-09