View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 09:16 AM

That's all I can say. After all the other consults, including his own, that's what he comes up with? Holy crap.

Sorry Steve, god or no god, what if he is wrong, and further waiting will make this damage permanent? I understand your wanting to believe him, but has Dr. Guyer seen your case? What happens if he (and Dr Regan) disagrees and then you are perhaps stuck with a much higher bill or worse? I would have perhaps checked before canceling that quickly .

I am terribly sorry to throw this opinion out there, but no one else at the beginning thought that this was much to worry about since Dr. B did it either. Perhaps he doesn't want to admit to any 'mistakes', even if they weren't preventable? I'm playing devil's advocate here for your benefit.

Again, I am so sorry that you are in this position, truly. But in your heart do you truly believe that leaving your spine that crooked is good in the long run? Even if the numbness subsides, what is going to happen in ten or twenty years? What about the damage to additional discs from that pressure? He hasn't answered those questions for you, has he?

As to the 'obvious slant of the lower disc plate being due to my natuural vertebrae slant', was that really there before all this went wrong, or even before surgery? Take a hard look at that. I still believe in going with the multiple opinion theory and not jumping too fast.

Again, I may be waaaay out of line here, and I apologize for that, but I am truly worried about this decision. It sure doesn't feel right in my gut.
All conventional therapy exhausted, including spinal injections, PT, massage, etc.
In appeal with Gov't Insurance for Out-of-country coverage for ADR hybrid surgery of above discs.
Recently discovered that I am severely allergic to all common metals used in surgical hardware except for Titanium.