View Single Post
Old 06-27-2009, 10:26 PM

OK Ken - I saw where your films are at - thanks I didn't know how or where people posted those at I had to reread your note - as I looked at your films 1st in what I honestly thought in my UNPROFESSIONAL Opinion - of what I saw if anything for a issue. I immediately saw your L5S1 as jumping out at me for a problem. I thought geesh I dont see his L4L5 as being the bad boy but this is what I would be worried about - when I reread I OK good yes - That is what they have identified. Have you been given a grade ? Although dont be surprised if the grades given by differing doc's will vary. I was more slipped off than this however so if it were me I would do what I did back then & get the world's best opinions you can find. I went to Dr B. for my surgery as you have read & I have no regrets - even though it was expensive & more time consuming I have only one back, one life & had already had one failed surgery already that I did trying to do it the easy way close by & having insurance to pay etc - so I have found convience does not always equal what is best for you. But yes I think you have chances of some hope but I would leave that up to Dr B. & the other top spine doc's but a retro or a spondylo is not for a average spine doc - you need really one of the best to handle a more complex case as you have more risk of issue and those are better handled by those who have dealt with them more. That was the advice given to me by a Spine doc himself & I have not forgotten it - it was & still is sound advice. let us know what you find out - but keep in mind you will get various opinions with a condition like this I know i did.
Best - Jill