Thread: L5S1 Prodisc-L
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 10:24 PM

Cathy,

Please, don't think twice about the long posts. The feedback is great. I agree about the pain meds. I was on them for about 4/5 years. As I have drawn them down, I have definitely had withdrawal problems such as feeling crappy and insomnia. My approach has just been to try to make progress towards ridding myself of them which has been hit or miss. Generally though it has been positive. Less pain helps a lot. On the work thing, I own a business with about 15 employees and I don't need to go in. I could work from home and if I don't feel right I do. I just want to do my part if I am up to it and it is not physical labor, so I figure sitting at home and sitting at work is a wash. I am going to back it off a little this week. To be honest, I am most uncomfortable at night in bed. I think it is just being in one position for too long combined and the cumulative effects of the day. Do you feel very tight in your lower back muscles and hamstrings? I want to try to stretch a little, but am naturally paranoid about tweaking it. I also considered getting a light massage. My doctor suggested this was OK as long as it was light and the person had some experience with back surgery patients. Once again, I am still gun shy about both.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
L5S1 Herniation and Annular tear
Over 10 epidurals,
DDD, 2 discograms (positive),
Countless attempts at conservative therapy.
Surgery date 5-26-09