View Single Post
Old 07-05-2009, 08:46 PM

Default Nova Prodisc compared to original Prodisc C ?

Have gone to the net to try to find this answer & am not finding it. I know they revised the upper keels on the Nova Prodisc compared to it's former model but can anyone tell me if the polyethylene core is any different ? Is it still as hard as the 1st model is ? I am familiar with the Prodisc Lumbar & it was a bit more flexible in feel at the poly core, than the Prodisc C model I played with in a doc's office one day waiting for him to come in.
It was much harder than the lumbar's core & I was suprised as how this sample the metal barely fit over the core and how much it slopped out of the metal - now I assume once implanted this was on a vertebrae model though & was stabilized - when I noticed how much it moved out of the outer core. I then slipped off the verterbraes off the metal post so I could remove the Cervical ADR to open it up & feel the core.

Is the prodisc c nova core any softer than earlier model prodisc C ? Or is it basically the same that way. I did think perhaps they didn't have the right sized endcaps so to speak over this core perhaps.
I do like the Mobi-C & Activ -C of what I can see of them. I wonder when Activ-C will come into the USA for trials?

Thanks - Jill