View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 09:16 PM

Hi Katie,

I am also a redhead and have bad reactions to most pain meds. I prefer the pain to the side effects.

Fentynyl patches also had me sick as a dog and hunched over the toilet after only 4 hours. It took over 24 hours to wear off and start feeling human again. I had a lovely colonoscopy a few months ago and the nurse decided my fentynyl allergy wasn't truely an allergy. She gave it to me IV push...and as I told her before it causes a extreme reaction in me....and it did again. I am not sure why they bothered with the big red allergy band on me and then ignored it....she is lucky I didn't have an anaphylactic reaction!
Lyrica....yuck...I couldn't get out of bed. Morphine not good at all...basically all of them cause really severe nausea, vomiting, dizziness, and headaches.

I also have many symptoms as you and had a diagnosis of FMS. I think I have something that they can't explain, or are tired of trying to figure it out and so I get the FMS dx. Do I have it...I have most of the things associated with it so I don't really know. I just noticed that you mentioned candidias (sp) or yeast. It is one of the proposed therory's of FMS.

Hang in there and I hope you feel better after surgery and have less need for these pain meds.