View Single Post
Old 07-24-2009, 06:41 AM

Hi Katie,
Lucky for me I am not in severe pain any longer (knock on wood). I have not found anything that doesn't make me sick and take cares of my pain. At my worst before my first discectomy I could not get out of bed and nothing I took touched the pain, but only gave me more pain from vomiting. I finally took high does of valium with anti nausea drugs. The combination would just knock me out. There is no middle ground for me. It is either deal with the pain or get knocked out.

My pain I have now is managed by rest, ice, and activity limitation. I wish I could find something so that I could be active and comfortable. Depression is my worst enemy now because I feel pretty useless on most days. I try to just do something each day to feel productive and valuable. I still do floors but not windows! LOL! However on those days I sweep or vacuum I can count on the next 24 hours on ice. I'm not complaining because at least I am able to do those things every other week and I still remember the months unable to walk to the BR.

I hope you find some relief for your pain and you win your appeal for ADR surgery.

Betsy