Thread: Dr Delamater ?
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2009, 07:35 AM

Fuzzy,
After the 2nd surgery I was not a happy camper and got opinions on what to do next from three doctors. Dr. Delamarter would not have removed the discs, only fused over them. Fusing over is the easy way out of a bad problem. At that point I was not happy with the office and getting appointments and the flow of communication between staff. I really wanted the ADRs out as I had read that my best chance for healing w/o micro-movement was that way. The Dr.s were split two and two on removal or fuse over and I went with the one I was the most comfortable with. I survived, it was a long surgery and I am slowly doing better each month. It has not been easy but I am in PT, I am walking and sitting is getting better.
My doctor is there for me.

I would not say that Dr. Delamarter ignored me but He did not take my pain seriously after the second surgery. I had some secondary issues that should have been addressed first. My hospital experience was another issue. I think he will be using a different hospital soon so that may be better. I did not have enough confidence to use him again. Let me know what you decide.
Phylly
Discogram concordant pain @L4-S1 Aug. 07
Prodisc ADR's at L4-S1 November 2007
Foraminotomy July 08 for Sciatica
Continued problems and back pain worsened
Prodiscs removed and discs fused at L4-S1 Feb. 09