View Single Post
Old 07-25-2009, 09:50 AM

Hi Betsy,

As to your new symptoms, it may be that you are developing new sensitivities. I discovered something new that upsets the apple cart which I have been around for years with no problem...wood shavings. We live on a farm, and wheat straw sent me into an anaphylactic shock twice now, and I had been using it for years with no problem. Two nights ago, we changed to shavings for animal bedding, and it looked like all the capillaries under my skin had broken where ever the dust had touched, along with a mild itch. Again, we had used it before for years. Just weird! I have used a double mask ever since the first attack with wheat; the second attack must just have gotten past the mask and was fairly mild. I'm much more careful now and limit my exposure significantly.

Dale, I have read that book before and follow it somewhat. My diet is severely limited now as it is with no grains at all, not even rice, etc. and I think the only thing I should be avoiding is potatoes, but I just can't cut them out too! The local health food store used to carry fresh dried fruit and nuts that were packaged for the right blood type, and I loved it and it loved me I guess I should go back and read the again. I have eliminated sugar in the past when I had a problem with Candida, but fell back to my evil ways when I recovered I've been very careful with it lately and hope to see some results, at least with my waistline.

I was very skeptical as well at the beginning with such things, but when they worked when nothing else did, I became a believer. Betsy, I haven't used Cymbalta, but a friend has, and I will check with her about side effects.

Good luck with everything.
All conventional therapy exhausted, including spinal injections, PT, massage, etc.
In appeal with Gov't Insurance for Out-of-country coverage for ADR hybrid surgery of above discs.
Recently discovered that I am severely allergic to all common metals used in surgical hardware except for Titanium.