View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 01:39 AM

Default My S L O W Recovery...

Hi All!
Sorry I have not been able to keep you all posted! I am doing my level best to follow the doctors orders to the 'T'! My orders are "NO BENDING, LIFTING OR TWISTING - AT ALL!" and wear the most uncomfortable brace you have ever had any time you are out of bed! Do NOTHING more than walking for the first three months after surgery.

SO... my excuse is my laptop weighs almost 10 pounds (lifting) and to get it in bed with me would also require twisting, so I have only been online once, to pay bills, since I have been home. I am settig up (with my brace) at the desktop right now, but this is not going to last much longer!

Recovery is going VERY SLOWLY - and that is OK with me. I am doing better (most days), but still wearing a 100mg Fentnal patch. But I have cut down considerably on the Percacet (a couple of days, none at all!).

I developed sever blood clots due to the 7+ hour surgery to have the Chartie's removed. My GP says the leg with the blood clot will bother me the rest of my life and that I will likely be on coumidan forever too.

As of today, I have walked one half mile or more; twice daily, for the past six days! That is walking - unassisted by anyone or anything!
I have decided to give myself one more week of bed rest and I will then begin increasing my time up and in my brace. Hopefully I will be able to give you all more regular updates then.

Thank you to all of you for your prayers, messages, and calls. An extra special thanks to Mark and Wendy for their assistance while I was a temporary resident in California.