View Single Post
Old 07-31-2009, 04:06 AM

I was assuming that the surgeon was also worried about causing a lot of new pain from stretching the ligaments, etc. so much? That is called distraction pain, isn't it?

Mark, thanks so much for the clarification on that. I thought that discs that auto-fused would be pretty solid. I'm glad you straightened that out for me. How often does that pain occur and how long might it last on average, taking into consideration that everyone is an individual. More levels done = more stretching and pain, I would think.

And Eddie, I see that I misquoted your post. Your Prodisc is starting to fuse? How is that possible? Is there an excessive amount of bone building up all around the disc so that it isn't moving like it should? I hadn't heard of that complication before.
All conventional therapy exhausted, including spinal injections, PT, massage, etc.
In appeal with Gov't Insurance for Out-of-country coverage for ADR hybrid surgery of above discs.
Recently discovered that I am severely allergic to all common metals used in surgical hardware except for Titanium.