View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 05:31 PM

Default scar tissue on S1 nerve root

Post my 2nd spine surgery that failed this was blamed for my horrific burning pain that was bilateral in nature and went from about waist level (in the back) down my legs and into my feet.. it lasted 5 years then sort of leveled off and I hardly had any burning pain except in a few places.

By this time Neurontin was being prescribed for this type of pain and it helped me greatly (started it in '98 and am still on it). Then started Methadone for low back pain in 2001 as well as lumbar ESIs and have had great relief re pain.

It seems that time has helped me out greatly. I do hope with the advance of modern pharmaceuticals and various adjunct modalities you will find relief much soon than I did.

Did the nerve root heal itself? I don't know but I can say this much~ my relief from the pain I had back in the early '90's has really been significant in the last 4-5 years esp. I am very thankful for this relief. I cannot say there is healing there as the scar tissue still is present on MRI however I feel much better and no one has been able to explain that as of yet.

Good luck and please keep us posted

Last edited by Maria; 08-05-2009 at 05:34 PM.