View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 02:35 PM

MIchelle, don't ever, ever apologize for your posts. We understand the position you are in and have nothing but empathy.

I have posted before about weird reactions to most pain medications. Fentanyl but me on the floor, vomiting and almost incoherent and my friend called an ambulance. Lyrica made me very loopy and the oxycodin/contin had the same mixed results. If I had continued with them, I would have been totally worthless.

I'm now on ~300 mg/day of short acting morphine, as even the long acting does not work with me. It's very weird and the doctors can't explain it, so I am constantly going through mini withdrawal symptoms each morning if I sleep past two or three hours. But it is the only medication that works.

Can you try a different med? There's no rule that you can only have that one. I had to find a pain management doctor who would try all the different ones with me, thank heavens, because my family doctor was pretty useless.

Give that a go. You are not crazy...many people have bad reactions to medications. That's why they have that long list of possible side effects after each one There have also been studies which show that red heads really have weird effects from pain medications. I can dig it up if you like.
All conventional therapy exhausted, including spinal injections, PT, massage, etc.
In appeal with Gov't Insurance for Out-of-country coverage for ADR hybrid surgery of above discs.
Recently discovered that I am severely allergic to all common metals used in surgical hardware except for Titanium.