View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 04:35 PM

Default Regarding Dr. B

Michelle,

I know that I haven't been on much lately, but I'm trying today to get caught up.

I am a patient of Dr. B's. I have met him and his staff. They are incredibly caring people. Dr. B has an EXCELLENT reputation, and that's why I chose him, after extensive and exhaustive research on other doctors. But even the BEST doctor's in the WORLD, regardless of their specialty, have some negative outcomes...and judging from the research that I've done, PRIOR to my surgery, regarding subsidence, it can happen, even with good bone density, at any time, and therefore can be unpredictable. I don't feel, and I think Steve will agree, and he's the one going through this, that there was any incompetence involved in his original surgery.

Unfortunately, he's now having issues. It happened after 3 months, but it could have happened after 3 years. He's gotten conflicting information, and decided to wait and see, as at the time he had the airport appointment with Dr. B, it appeared things had stabilized. Dr. B is trying to help, but IMHO, the US doctors are being wishy-washy (to put it nicely). He's going through a very scary and confusing time, and he's in pain to boot.

Your anger at Dr. B is your right, I suppose, but to publicly post that he and his staff are incompetent liars is too harsh a judgement. This man has given me my life back (and it cost me my job), and even if my 2 discs subside tomorrow, I've had 3 pain-free months with my family...for the first time in years...and I wouldn't trade THAT for the world.

MRI 4/2008 shows bulging disc with annular tear @ 4/L5 and and complete herniation at L5/S1.

9/11/08 Laminectomy , successful to a point...relieved nerve pain, but after 4 months was still having severe disc pain.

Treatments tried: epidural shots, oral pain killers, NSAID's, TENS massage, chiropractic care, deep tissue massage. Oh, and plenty of our homemade wine!

May 26 2009, 2 level ADR, L4-S1, Dr. Bertagnoli, Straubing, Germany