View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 03:39 PM

Such a sad story, poor woman.

I feel bad we're going back and forth on this probably increasing Steve's stress level. Both case are very different (cervical vs. Lumbar), but it is a sad example how things can go wrong.

The main reason why I wouldn't go back to Germany:

We all take a chance with ADR, especially mulit level. If our "gamble" fails it may be time to stay home and get fixed with proper follow up. I would imagine a multi level fusion would require consistent follow ups to be sure everything is going as planned. This way if there are any problems they can be addressed immediately and by the surgeon who performed the surgery. Being seen by an overseas Dr. at this point really isn't practical in my opinion.

As I stated earlier on I am sure Steve is doing the proper research and coming up with a plan that will work for him and hopefully with great success.

As an FYI I have met a few 4 level cervical fusion patients all with great results and no pain. Great lateral movement ,minimal up and down. Living absolute normal lives. And given the choice again, recognizing they have multiple pathology they would do a fusion.