Thread: Dr Delamater ?
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 07:15 PM

Default Hi Philly, and gils

I also saw many of the heavy hitters down in LA. Dr. Delemarter was the second surgeon to operate on me. Yes he is smart, and knows what he is doing. His staff do treat you like cattle. The x-ray techs are wonderful....
If the surgery, or trial does not go the way you or he expected....he tends to step back. Then you talk alot with Kevin, then appointments get short....and soon, you are booted out of the trial study. And well, you are left...like me, in a wheel chair. With the promise, that since the ADR's did not work for me, they would be fused. IT NEVER HAPPENED. I needed to see another heavy hitter in LA, that did see the problem, and did get me walking again.
For some people, Dr. Delemarter may be just what they need. If you go for a consult, listen to your instincts. If you feel comfortable....then continue....If you don't....then look elsewhere.
Not every surgeon is for every person. And for me, when a doctor starts walking away, and you travel long distances to see him, your time is valuable. Just like his. And the pain, time, more pain, and effort~ should be met half way. A five minute, "oh you're fine" after waiting an hour to see him, just isn't okay with me.
But, that is just my opinion.

Catherine
Cervical Fusion C6-C7
Medial facetectomy, foraminotomy,
Left sided L4-L5, L5-S1 with excision of disk rupture L5-S1
Left L3 selective root block
Epidural L4-L5, L5-S1 Medial Branch Block
Pro Disc, trial study L4-L5,L5-S1
Epidural Nerve root block
Epidural Facet joint injection
Epidural medial branch block
Epidural of coccyx
Coudal Steriod epidural block (5 times)
Epidural nerve root block, L4-S1(4 times)
fusion L4-L5/L5-S1
Tailbone removed
Cervical disk, FDA trial C5-C6
Epidural Cervical
Bilateral Nerve root block(3 times)
foraminal decompression C5-6, C6-7
Bilateral selective nerve root block C6-C7, TPI's