View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 03:32 AM

Default Injections

Hi Energy and welcome, I'm not sure I met you before. I found your post interesting. I get better response from oral prednisone than injections. I am wondering if the injection doesn't get to the right place. One of the docs that's injected me has done a decent job, the other a village idiot.

You mentioned "I suspect that something that chronically irritatates/inflames nerves is responsible"....well this is true when there is a chemically sensitive disc. That's my big problem....that's why they are doing a front and back fusion on me as it's the best way to get rid of the disc completely. I hadn't heard of anything beyond that being an irritant. Chemically sensitive discs are also known as "low pressure" discs.

Dancing accident in 96. tried PT, acupuncture, pilates, pain mgmt. nothing worked. Epidurals, facet blocks, caudal blocks, discogram. Opiates for ten years, oral prednisone, toradol inj. & more.

Two level spinal fusion with BMS, cages, hardware. due to bone density problems from chemotherapy, they had to go in front and back. Surgery Nov. 6, 2010. So far no regrets.