View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 10:51 PM

This will probably upset some people but here's my humble opinion:

First of all this is advice I would give to my son or my brother and it's intended to assist you in putting an end to your pain.

Why would you want to continue down the same path that's led you to where you are now? Your original surgeon has obviously turned his back on you. You went there for a 2 level and he gave you 3. The pathology may or may not have been present to perform such a risky surgery but especially with an unproven device (Nova). You also keep going to the same people for advice. These are the same people that aimed you down the path you're on now.

The process to implant both ProDisc and the Maverick both destroy bone to be implanted. The Nova destroys twice as much since it has two keels. The bone on 6 vertebral surfaces has been severely damaged and weakened the structures. I would hope a competent surgeon (and his medical tour guide) would have the character to admit their errors and point you in the direction to get you healed and not a direction to save them the embarrassment of having to admit fault.

I don't post here very often as I'm sure most know of my opinion and disdain of the purpose of this forum being for a business opportunity and not the well being of spine patients.

Bob

5 Months, 5 Days from successful Maverick ADRs at L4/5 and L5/S1 at Stenum Hospital by Dr. Karsten Ritter-Lang.
04/07 Recurrent Disc Surgery L5/S1
3 Ortho and 1 Neuro Surgeon, 3 MRIs, 1 EGM, 1 Myleogram & 11 EDIs later:
03/27/09 Maverick ADR at L4/L5 & L5/S1
03/27/09 The Lord and Dr. Ritter-Lang returned my life to me.