View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 10:41 AM

As stated "this will probably upset some people". I'm sorry constructive advice was taken poorly by some.

Steve has shared his story with us and I think we can all feel his pain and empathize with his situation. My advice is heartfelt and intended to let him know there are people that care about his getting well.

The bias of some on this forum is well documented. No criticism was aimed at Dr. B for implanting the ProDisc upside down, another doctor was demonized for supposedly doing the same thing with a Charite.

I don't feel comfortable sharing my success/ recovery story on this site due to the biased attitude of some. I've received fairly nasty PMs after I've aired opposing statements and ideas to the advice given to some of those struggling with their pain. I'd love to share the story if for no other reason than to give others hope, not advice on which doctor to see or disc to choose.

As you are a director Dale, I would hope you would be more in tune with letting all opinions air on this open forum rather than suggesting banishment for someone that holds opposing views. If you'd rather have me banned than consider the opinions I hold as having some value for others, so be it. After all, why would anyone want to hear from somebody that had successful surgery at a non-GPN network surgeon?

Again, I'm sorry if anyone took offence from my advice aimed at helping Steve. I have 7 children/ step children and this would be the same advice I'd give them.

Bob
04/07 Recurrent Disc Surgery L5/S1
3 Ortho and 1 Neuro Surgeon, 3 MRIs, 1 EGM, 1 Myleogram & 11 EDIs later:
03/27/09 Maverick ADR at L4/L5 & L5/S1
03/27/09 The Lord and Dr. Ritter-Lang returned my life to me.