View Single Post
Old 09-05-2009, 04:04 AM

The only thing I do know about this has to do with marketing a service in the US which is legal in the country it is practiced in, but not in the US. There is nothing illegal about a spinal surgery in the US of A. In this case only devices non approved in the US and that is only partially true as well. When one undergoes a surgery one is made well aware of the risks in Germany, just like here. This suit as no merit and will be totally unenforceable in Germany. It is a waste of money and time. So typical of this country and a reason why healthcare is so expensive (sorry to break this news). If the attorneys are working on a retainer they are wasting this patients money.

Edit,

I am guessing here but if the patient could prove in Germany that the surgery was totally un called for (not medically nessesary) maybe then there would be a case in Germany. I am sure there was a good enough reason for doing the surgery otherwise Stenum would not do it. Especially not after the disaster at the Alpha Klinik.

Last edited by fuzzy; 09-05-2009 at 04:10 AM.