Thread: Amitiza anyone
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 05:39 PM

Default re suggestions

thanx Jim~ I cannot take Metamucil like substances as the bulk doesn't move, need an abortive type of laxative hence the new med. I had hyperdilitation of the transverse colon at the upper right junction and it was hugely pressed up into my upper right quadrant.. I was literally bubbling but unable to pass gas or burp! It was soooo weird. I was then taken off the Miralax because of it's ability to create gas and put on this new drug Amitiza but it is very unpredictable and I'm more captive to home~

What gets me is that I really have little to no back pain most days!!!!! DANG!

I'm scheduled for endoscopy/colonscopy on October 9. Advised to drink prep of 4 liters of trilitely or some such thing (think I lost the script already) as well as drink only clear liquids for one and a half to two days prior to exam to clear out gut re Methadone use..

Will have general anesthesia.

For those of you using Senakot S ~ my new GI doc said to stop because there is a condition (don't remember the name) in which using the S-S helps to darken the colon wall thereby making it more difficult to see polyps.

Hmmm, the stuff works for me tho~ advised by GI doc to try dulcolax instead.

Will see. Going to CostCo to see if they still have Jack LaLaine Juicer am try more greens/veggies/fruits again. That worked well before ... would like to try as natural of things as possible.

Castor Oil ~ teaspoon every morning back in the old days re Mom's remedy for *movements*.