View Single Post
Old 09-12-2009, 04:25 PM

Default hi

Just reading what you wrote hurt tho I can imagine it remembering the pain of my first open lumbar discectomy.. I know the two areas are quite different anatomically re what is affected and can hurt but I remember my PCP telling me I was going to hate him and the surgeon (PCP referred me to him) for about 2 weeks at least because of the pain.

Long story short I did well post op (first surgery at least) and hope you will as well~ am glad to hear that searing pain you felt has been alleviated and sorry to hear about the surgeons/doctors in your area and the treatment.

The latter brings to mind how I was treated post my failed 2nd spine surgery~ I mean it was like I was a leper.. and to top it off I remember me who was an RN/NP at the time being told by some radiologist in the MRI dept at the local hospital I was "doctor hopping" too much and all I wanted was an explanation of the residual horrendous pain I was left with post op 2nd surgery.

I hope you will write a book.. believe me there are many of us out here that you will be representing!

Ok, 'nuff of that.. hope that chest tube pain eases off and you will be more comfortable ASAP. Am so glad you are getting some relief and thank you for posting and letting us know how're you're doing.