View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 02:34 PM

Default re flood of emotions

I think when one has flooding emotions for whatever reason the process of going thru it is the only thing that can happen. If it is something that is really difficult to deal with emotionally then pyschological intervention/counseling can be quite useful (I went thru this for 6 month post my failed 2nd spine surgery). I had so much rage that even tho my daily emotions presented more as depression, my dreams were filled with violence and it scared me. Part of that may have been the medications used to treat the nerve pain but I'm sure it was me working out my rage against the failed surgery/surgeon/medical system and in great part my decision to have the surgery. Regret was something that I felt for a long long time.

I think the sloppiness in medicine today is reflective of how the system is functioning overall. Not well. Insurance companies should not be in charge of what decisions are made medically. I know it varies from place to place how personnel are trained and interact with patients/clients but I'd swear things are far more robotic now and patients don't get the respect that they should when walking in the door, let alone through out most of the 2-5 minute follow up medical visits (I will give that first surgical consult is usually given a half hour to hour, first medical visits 15 minutes to half hour).

Doctors still need to listen to their patient and regard the person as the most valuable source of information regarding his or her condition.

Last edited by Maria; 09-15-2009 at 03:05 PM.