View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 01:47 AM

Maria, that's a pretty brilliant idea! Way to go girl

I'm hoping that the surgeon knows a lot more than I do about an alternative...I think the chances of that are pretty good I'll keep you all posted on the progress...when I learn anything. As a good friend pointed out...I can't be the first person that this has happened to, so the manufacturers should be working on trials by now.

It isn't limited to ADR or fusion hardware. The lab said that the demand for this blood test first started when artificial hips and knees, etc. were becoming popular and people were getting ill for no apparent reason...both unexplained illness and infection type symptoms which were traced back to allergies to the metals inserted in the joints. I wish they worked a little faster on it.
All conventional therapy exhausted, including spinal injections, PT, massage, etc.
In appeal with Gov't Insurance for Out-of-country coverage for ADR hybrid surgery of above discs.
Recently discovered that I am severely allergic to all common metals used in surgical hardware except for Titanium.